MTS Systems Corporation is a global leader in supplying test systems and industrial system sensors for the aerospace, materials and vehicle markets. We develop solutions and high-performance position sensors that add value for our customers, creating a unique and challenging atmosphere that makes MTS home to some of the best technical and creative people in the world. MTS’ testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures.
Primary Objective: To perform development, management and improvement on new and existing MTS quality system elements to enhance or maintain their value to our customers, effectiveness and/or impact to the company.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Develops, implements, and improves core quality processes to ensure processes meet requirements (including, but not limited to: corrective action, preventative action, non-conformity process, document control).
2. Partners with affiliate offices regarding external audit preparedness. Analyzes and recommends best practices to achieve global process alignment in the Quality Management System, and assists with cross functional implementation.
3. Oversees and participates in the internal audit program, ensuring a complete and effective business audit plan. Monitors status to ensure completion of the audit plan.
4. Translates applicable quality standards into organizational structure and processes. Develops an understanding of user processes related to standard requirements, leading to gap identification and continual improvement opportunities.
5. Influences the organization to continually improve processes that meet customer/regulatory requirements through maintaining knowledge of best-in-class quality systems and quality management tools and techniques. (15%)
6. Develops and conducts training related to core quality processes and problem solving tools, ensuring understanding and effectiveness of materials delivered.
7. Represents MTS in the support of customer and regulatory audits and visits. Drives closure coordination of any reported non-conformities.
BS degree in Engineering with 9 years of professional experience or AA (vo-tech) degree in a technical field with 13 years relevant technical experience or 17 years relevant technical experience.
2 years QA program implementation, quality planning, and performance assessment areas preferred Six sigma training, green belt or black belt certified preferred
Familiarity with ISO-9000 requirements Proficiency in use of MS Windows / Word / Excel / Access / Mail /Power point Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with various cultures and at all levels of the organization.
Demonstrated self-starter possessing strong initiative and teamwork skills.
Able and willing to travel to facilities/sites.
Consider how MTS and our worldwide team fit your career goals. MTS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
For consideration, please view our career opportunities and apply online at http://www.mts.com/.
MTS Systems is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA