- Tuesday, October 11, 2011
- Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
- 1330 Industrial Blvd NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 7, 2011 at 12:00 Noon
There are 2 options to register for this event.
- Option #1: Register and pay online »
- Option #2: Call the section office at 651-779-9820 and leave a voicemail following the instructions. Please make sure that your member number is provided so you get charged member rates. Non-members are welcome!
**IMPORTANT** Note: Please register before deadline to avoid a late fee and guarantee a meal. Only personal checks or cash will be accepted at the time of registration.
- $25 Members/ $35 Non-Members
- Late Registration/Walk-Ins: Add $5
- No Meal Option $0 – (You are welcome to bring your own dinner.)
|5:45 P.M.||Welcome & Announcements|
|6:55 P.M.||MNASQ Strategic Planning: A Holistic, Practical Approach|
|8:55 P.M.||Closing Notes & Speaker Gifts|
MNASQ Strategic Planning: A Holistic, Practical Approach
Organizations that perform at the highest levels have some sort of formalized strategic plan in place and have implemented it well. In order for an organization to be successful, there needs to be a roadmap for success. A strategic plan helps to provide direction and focus. It points to specific results that are to be achieved and establishes a course of action for achieving them. A strategic plan also helps the various work units within an organization to align themselves with common goals.
Building a strategic plan is not difficult if you employ the right process. In this session, Bob Mitchell will lead a panel of MNASQ leaders in a discussion of the process and tools used to develop the MNASQ Long Range Plan including: a retooled MNASQ vision & mission; an assessment of our current reality, desired future state and the underlying contradictions that emerge as obstacles to that practical vision; the identification of strategic intents as well as the operational plans that put the strategic intents into action.
About our Speaker
Bob Mitchell started his career at 3M 29 years ago as a Quality Assurance Engineer with a Chemistry degree from the University of Minnesota – Morris. His day job is Senior Manager for 3M Corporate Quality & Lean Six Sigma Operations where he is responsible for global quality and international Lean Six Sigma deployment. In his spare time Bob is an active volunteer with ASQ. He became a member of ASQ in 1985 and has been an active volunteer since 1987. He is a past Chair of the ASQ Statistics Division and was elected to “Fellow” in 2003; Bob is currently the Chair-Elect for MNASQ. He is a member of the Minnesota Council for Quality and serves on the planning committee for the Process Improvement Network (PIN). Bob is a 2009-2010 Baldridge Evaluator and is an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer and Certified Manager of Quality/ Organizational Excellence.
Meeting Location Map and Directions
- Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
- 1330 Industrial Blvd.
- Minneapolis, MN 55413
- From the North:
- Take I-35W southbound to just south of the junction of I-35W and Hwy. 36. Exit I-35W at Exit 22, Industrial Blvd. off ramp. At the bottom of the off ramp, turn left or southbound Industrial Blvd. to pass under I-35W. Once past the I-35W underpass, the Ramada Plaza is the first business on your right.
- From the West:
- Travel toward Minneapolis, such as on I-94 or Hwy. 36, then enter onto I-35W.
- From the South:
- Take I-35W northbound to just north of the Univ. of Minnesota – Minneapolis campus. Exit I-35W at Exit 22, Industrial Blvd. off ramp. At the bottom of the off-ramp, turn right or southbound on Industrial Blvd. The Ramada Plaza is the first business on your right.